More about STEM!
Want to dive deeper into understanding STEM education and how the U.S. is doing? Try these resources to get you started!
Articles about STEM Education
- Starting STEM education at an early age.
- Video about how teacher and parent math anxiety impacts student success in STEM.
- This article talks about the Algebra Project, the goal of the project is to ensure access to math support and preparation for minority and socioeconomically disadvantaged students.
- "A new innovation lab is helping students learn to redefine problems and test the ways in which they can benefit the world."
- Graduate student research finding how school gardening enhances STEM education efforts.
State and National STEM-Related Education Standards
- Published May 2019, by Michigan Department of Education.
- National science standards.
- National cybersecurity skills framework.
- A report published Dec. 2018, by the Committee On STEM Education of the National Science & Technology Council. This report outlines the vision, current state, and goals of American STEM education.
Report Cards on Education Process
- NAEP is also known as the nations report card and is a continuous assessment of what America's students know and can do in various subjects.
- PISA results, the PISA exam is an international exam of 15-year-olds taken every three years.
- M-STEP and SAT results by school and district.
Future Workforce Outlook
- An article in Forbes looking into the future workforce of robots and humans.
- Employment in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) occupations has grown 79% since 1990, from 9.7 million to 17.3 million, outpacing overall U.S. job growth.
- Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workforce outlines the new and present trends in American Manufacturing, and what that looks like for the workforce.
- Data by the Grand Traverse Area Manufacturing Council showing the impact manufacturing has in the five counties of Benzie, Antrim, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, and Leelanau.