Why should all employers support local STEM education? In the future Every business is a Technology business!
According to STEM in the Great Lakes Bay Region:
- STEM jobs grew at 300% the rate of other jobs in the last decade.
- 83% of HR professionals reported difficulty hiring for a STEM job within the last year.
- STEM skills are required for a wide range of in-demand occupations.
- The gap is evident in trades, middle-skilled, and highly skilled STEM positions.
- Developing a talent pipeline can reduce recruiting time, thus increasing profit.
- STEM skills are essential to successful employees and a thriving workforce.